Monday, April 18, 2011

Working, working

So the first official fitting resulted in a negativo on the current design. We didn't like the way it fit, and Allison decided it looked too much like a baby doll dress which she doesn't like. So the next version is going to be a bodice to the waist with a flared skirt. Re did the bodice on Saturday and I have come to the conclusion that the Vogue bodice wasn't drafted with a human figure in mind~ unless it's a line backer with a triple D cup size. So I have scrapped their dress altogether while keeping the basic idea. I'm using a bra body, adapting the cups to have ruching at the center seam, and then attaching that to a form fitted bodice to the waist. The skirt will be eased at the waistline, so it is nice and doesn't add bulk, and then have fullness at the hem.

I'm heading off now to finish up the bra top draft, make the skirt and skirt lining, and then will be redoing a muslin for the bra top and bodice, so Allison can drop by tonight for that fitting. If I have time, I'll finish up the bolero too.

First draft muslin-REJECTED- pictures here. I'm also thinking she needs to find time to go to the tanning booths before Prom! LOL


1 comment:

  1. Call me aunt lynda! I want to talk to about something! 480-414-3727
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete